Tuesday, May 19, 2009

No longer a little girl......


Our oldest went to her first Prom - she's no longer a "little girl" in many ways yet she has so much to learn.
Have we done a good job? Will she remember what we've taught her? Will she always come to us when she needs us??
This parenting gig is tough but it has many rewards. I look at her and see the young lady I never was at her age. So smart....so beautiful....so poised.....so GOOD.
Take a moment and listen to the lyrics of this song ( don't peek at who sang it just yet ) and then reflect on your own lives as parents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to reflect on my own life as a parent right now (I just got caught messing up Annie's birthdate) but I will say RACH LOOKS LOVELY! Ya done good. I'm sure she'll turn out well because her mom didn't suck. :)

Jackie-Oh Cleaver said...

WOW - she is just beautiful and ditto to what Mama says, other than the messing up Annie's b'day part: you don't suck! Yahoozers, congratulations and enjoy every minute of this girl with your whole being - the time flies past so fast.